I have a confession to make: I'm mad about wreaths for my door... and seeing that it's almost Christmas I thought I'd make a Christmas Wreath.
My mother had one like this when I was a child, made by one of my aunts. Of course it got old and faded and she may even have chucked it out but it obviously made a big impression on me.
Its ridiculously easy to make. I haven't even bothered to take step by step photos. (actually I wasn't sure it was going to work out so I didn't bother).
I raided my scrap bag so it cost me nothing to make. It took about 45 mins, the longest part being the stuffing of the tubes.
you will need:
green, red and white scraps of fabric 4" by 35".
polyester toy stuffing
- Sew a tube, leaving the one end open for turning. I've allowed 1/2" seam allowances
- Repeat for all 3 colours of fabric
- Turn right side out.
- Stuff the tube lightly with polyester toy filling.
- Slip stitch the end of the tubes
- Pin the three tubes together at one end
- Plait the tubes
- Join the ends of the tubes with hand stitching, matching the colours - i.e. stitching the ends of the white tubes together, the green together and the red together
- And there you have it!