Sunday, 17 November 2013

Easy Christmas Wreath

 
I have a confession to make: I'm mad about wreaths for my door... and seeing that it's almost Christmas I thought I'd make a Christmas Wreath.
 
My mother had one like this when I was a child, made by one of my aunts. Of course it got old and faded and she may even have chucked it out but it obviously made a big impression on me.
 

Its ridiculously easy to make. I haven't even bothered to take step by step photos. (actually I wasn't sure it was going to work out so I didn't bother).

I raided my scrap bag so it cost me nothing to make. It took about 45 mins, the longest part being the stuffing of the tubes.

So...

Instructions:
you will need:
green, red and white scraps of fabric 4" by 35".
cotton
polyester toy stuffing

Method:
  1. Sew a tube, leaving the one end open for turning. I've allowed 1/2" seam allowances
  2. Repeat for all 3 colours of fabric
  3. Turn right side out.
  4. Stuff the tube lightly with polyester toy filling.
  5. Slip stitch the end of the tubes
  6. Pin the three tubes together at one end
  7. Plait the tubes
  8. Join the ends of the tubes with hand stitching, matching the colours - i.e. stitching the ends of the white tubes together, the green together and the red together
  9. And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment