Thursday, 11 July 2013

Idiot-proof pastry nibbles


 
 
I loathe buying readymade finger food for office parties (or any parties for that matter). It’s expensive for what it is, goodness knows what’s in it and let’s face it: homemade tastes better.

I have an idiot-proof recipe for emergency finger food. Puff pastry pinwheels. You can keep the ingredients in the freezer and store cupboard for months and it takes minutes to prepare.

Ingredients:

1.       Frozen puff pastry (any brand will do)

2.       Grated cheese (I grate mine and store it in an old margarine tub in the freezer)

3.       A jar of pesto (it can be any type – I used basil this time but sundried tomato is also good)

4.       A jar of pine nuts

 


Method:

·         Turn on oven to 200°C

·         Open the roll of puff pastry


·         Spread the pesto over the pastry
 

·         Sprinkle the cheese and pine nuts over the pesto


 

·         Roll the pastry up tightly (roll it up the short length of the pastry)


·         Cut into 1 cm thick discs

·         Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper

·         Bake for 25 minutes

·         Et Voilá!

 

My dog wanted to help and was edging very close to the invisible line that she may not cross into my kitchen area.
 

I know my posts haven’t been very exciting but I have just started a new job and things are a little bit hectic at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment