Sunday, 2 June 2013

Quick Easy Pasta

So I had these mushrooms that were about to go off. I made this quick easy pasta so as not to waste food:

Okay, so its not the prettiest dish but it is yummy.

Ingredients:
Cooked pasta
Small tin of tomato paste
1 cup of vegetable stock
Onions (optional)
Garlic (optional)
Seasoning - I used dried herbs
Mushrooms or any other appropriate cooked veggie (like peas, cooked diced carrots, sweetcorn etc)
Olive oil

Method:
  1. Cook veggies separately (I sautéed the mushrooms in olive oil)
  2. Heat some olive oil in a pot and sauté onion and garlic if using
  3. Add tomato paste and vegetable stock and seasoning
  4. Add veggies
  5. Simmer until sauce reduced to how you like it 
  6. Mix it with the pasta and enjoy
This is a good recipe for using up left over veggies and is quick enough to do on a week night - you might even have some left over for the next day's lunch, like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment