Sunday, 30 June 2013

Hair Scrunchies

Scrunchies are slightly harder to make than what they look. Not nuclear physics hard but there's a trick to making the loop, as I discovered after one botched attempt. I googled it and found a brilliant tutorial on ikatbag. I had this darling quilting fabric leftover from another project and have been meaning to use it for headbands but this seems more practical and useful.

So here is the result:
 
I made five (only because I didn't have enough elastic to make more)
 
 
This was my favourite fabric. I was going to make a headband with it but I reckon I'll get more use from the scrunchies.
 
 
It was a bit tricky to take a photo of the back of my head!
 
 
For people for use the metric system (like me), you will need the following:
  • rectangle of fabric 40cm x 10cm
  • length of elastic 17cm ( I used 0.5cm wide elastic)
Follow ikatbag's instructions for making the scrunchies. I used hand stitching to slip stitch the hole closed so it would be invisible and because it was scrap fabric and the elastic was R1.50 it was R0.30 a scrunchie.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment