Large bunch of spinach
1/2 onion, chopped
60 ml butter or margarine
60 ml flour
500ml vegetable stock
500 ml milk
Nutmeg, salt and pepper to season
- wash the spinach well and tear into strips (don't shake the water off)
- wilt the spinach in a pot for 2 min and set aside.
- fry the onion in the butter and when soft, add flour
- Add the vegetable stock, stirring continously. Almost like you're making a white sauce but with stock instead.
- let it thicken a bit.
- add the milk, spinach and seasoning
- bring to the boil again and cook for 2 or so minutes
- take off the stove and let cool a bit.
- when its cool enough, blitz in a food processor and return to pot to reheat.
- Bon appetit!